MC Head gasket upgrades?

Jorgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at
Mon Nov 19 06:47:20 EST 2001

It is probably the stock bolts that has caused the failiure, they are not

My head will go on with a stock gasket and M12 12.9 quality insex bolts. The
torque specs that I recived was 120-140Nm. If i can get nuts and studs that
fit I will go with them instead.

You should be able to run 19psi with new stock bolts and stock gasket
without problems as long as you don't let the engine detonate.