Identifying sodium filled valves?

Joseph Rae quattro at
Tue Oct 16 01:56:03 EDT 2001

I know that the MC does have them, I requested them back from the
machinist when I dropped my head off last Friday. I figure we can have
some fun disposing of them :)

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at] On
Behalf Of Brett Dikeman
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 8:33 PM
To: Arun Rao
Cc: Michael Gough; quattro at
Subject: Re: Identifying sodium filled valves?

Nope.  I'm pretty sure the MC did.  I believe, but i'm not certain, that
all Audi turbos have sodium-filled valves, and none of the NA engines

In fact, I know the MC did.  The 5k Bently tells you how to dispose of
them properly(it's not exactly a chuck-in-the-can item, given sodium's
ah, volitile, nature.  Your garbage man might be one mighty big surprise
if his compactor cracked open one of those puppies.)