Virus Alert ! ! !

Peter Berrevoets pjberr at
Wed Oct 17 20:50:29 EDT 2001

This one has gotten past Norton as well. Either a variant, or an oops...
more likely a variant, watch out for it.

Norton will catch it once you try and run it, but somehow the initial
screening misses it.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at]On
Behalf Of Brett Dikeman
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 5:20 PM
To: m_wdsllc at; quattro at
Subject: Re: Virus Alert ! ! !

The Audifans mail server uses a virus scanner(Trend) which scans and
catches just about everything save the stuff that floats in hours
before a new definition file comes out.

   The whole Snow White thing is quite old, at least 6 months.  If
their virus screening program didn't catch it recently, it's time for
them to either actually update the definitions/signature file for it,
or complain to the software company that produced the program.  I've
never heard of "postini", btw.

At 3:37 PM -0400 10/16/01, Michael A. Carr wrote:
>Don't open any thing about Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs ! ! !
>I just got two of em & called my ISP, just to be sure...
>Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, the real story ! from hah, hah,
>IS A VIRUS and it slipped past their normal screening (
>Postini) which,
>I experience as pretty good!
>HTH, Word to the wise

Brett Dikeman