city lights

Lee M. Levitt lee at
Mon Sep 24 17:55:54 EDT 2001

Taka writes:

> I use my city lights
> in overcast weather and at dawn/dusk for better visibility of my
> car, which I think is useful, so there really is no practical
> purpose to using colored bulbs.

I've been in the habit of running *something* in the daytime. Early on, it
was extra bright side markers on a Volvo, more recently it's H1 or H4 low
beams. Now that I've got true city lights available (S6 with ecode lamps),
I'm going to wire them up to a spare fog light switch (relayed, with
ignition) so I can run them rather than the headlamps during the daytime.

How bright are these lights? Is there a higher wattage bulb that will fit in
the stock sockets? What is the stock bulb?

'95.5 S6 avant
'96 A6 quattro avant