engine cleaning: correction

RndLiteBMW@aol.com RndLiteBMW@aol.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:05:38 EDT

The 3 part system you're referring to is offered by BG, and it works quite
well- just make sure the car is outside, or at least that it's exhaust is
routed that way because it does smoke terribly depending upon the severity of
the deposits being cleaned.  The kit comes with BG's 44k, which in itself is
a good fuel system cleaner, and their induction system cleaner, which
contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone, as I recall- nasty stuff.  We usually only use
the two fuel system bottles, unless the oil is notably dirty, or the car has
a questionable oil service schedule.  BG has a pump which is plumbed into the
fuel lines so the car runs on the cleaners only until they're spent.  The
intake cleaner is sprayed as close to the throttle body/plate as possible.

Tucker
'83 UrQ