FS: 91 Coupe Quattro w/43k (Chicago)

Bill Elliott wcelliot@concentric.net
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:58:16 -0500

Remember the '85 UrQ I heard might be for sale locally?  Turns out it
was a '91 CQ.  (How anyone could make that mistake I don't know) The
local German wrench offered the owner to have me pass the info along to
the List.

The car is a 1991 CQ with only 43k original miles.  This is very
believable; this is one of the nicest CQ's I've ever seen.  The body was
nearly perfect (no visible issues, but I didn't go over it real
carefully) and the interior, while fairly dirty, was exceptional as
well. The car is not very clean under the hood, either...but cleaned up
it would be a showpiece.

I didn't get to drive the car, but reportedly everything works.

He's asking $12,000 which I told my mechanic I thought was out of line,
but then I've never seen such a low mileage '91 CQ.

If there's any interest I can get some pix... but I'd also like some
realistic numbers that the car might be worth. Maybe I can talk some
reason into him. I also understand the seller is very motivated... for
whatever that's worth.

I have no interest in the car, know nothing more (but am willing to ask
questions) and will enjoy no personal gain from its sale.

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL