Are 4kq speedo heads repairable?

Ti Kan ti@amb.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 21:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

Leah and David Mueller writes:
> I searched the archives and saw that some later electronic speedo are
> repairable to some degree.  I have a intermitent working speedo  ( mostly
> not working now ) on my 1986 4kq.  Any help available for those?

I don't think the 4Kq speedos are electronic.  They use the good 'ol
speedometer cable to the transmission.  If your speedo isn't working,
check the cable first to make sure it's well attached on all ends
(transmission, OXS mileage counter, and then to the speedo).

-Ti
01 S4 2.7 biturbo quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
--
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org