Calling all Britons (Warning: Rant)
Wed, 16 May 2001 20:11:02 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2001 2:42:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

<< Bill in Atlanta, Confederate States of America (where
 you can STILL get petrol for $1.40/us gallon today!).
Stop rubbing it in.. it hurts!!  Saw that premium is up to $2.01 here in CT.
I know we pay very little compare to the rest of the world for gas but
frankly Scarlet I don't give a damn.  I want cheap gas and fast gas guzzling
machines with lots of horsepower (my 1978 4X4 1 ton Suburban sits idle on 36
inch tires with a freshly rebuilt motor).  I am thinking of buying an
Abrahams battle tank so I can drive my Sub and say I am saving gas by doing
so.  I want a BIG old gas tank capable of storing the liquefied remains of 3
whole dinosaurs and burning it all just in time to refill it when I see the
next station 4 miles down the road.  I know SUV's are not too popular with
some of us but it was much easier to register than the tank.

90q20v (the fast 4x4)
78 chevy Sub (the big 4x4)