What size tires on 4kcsq

Rave Racer Ravewar@home.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:14:16 -0500

    I didn't mean to imply that they didn't exist, but I think that I should
have added that he said 175 70 14.  AFAIK, these don't exist.

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
'72 Triumph GT6
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     Possible future Sandrail donor...  Maybe

----- Original Message -----
From: Ti Kan <ti@amb.org>
To: Rave Racer <Ravewar@home.com>
Cc: Smeins Larry <lsmeins@ball.com>; 'Audi' <quattro@audifans.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: What size tires on 4kcsq

Rave Racer writes:
>     I've never heard of 175 70's being used on any VAG products that I
> of.  The stock size for my Jetta was the 185 65's but I prefered the 195
> 60's for summer use.  It is the agreed alternate size for the Jetta, Golf
> and Scirroco with those rims.  I beleive the same goes with the 4k.  My Q

You "never heard of" doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  175/70-13 was the
stock tire size for a LOT of VW Rabbit/Jetta/Scirocco/Dasher series cars as
as well as the Audi 4000 in the late 70s to the early 80s.

01 S4 2.7 biturbo quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti@amb.org
 //////  http://www.amb.org/ti/