BAR Boost reading?

Peter Berrevoets pjberr at
Thu Apr 4 23:11:05 EST 2002

Should read 1.4 BAR - if not something is screwy.

If you are getting pushed back into your seat at 3k rpm, then it's a minor
problem, if your not getting that turbo rush, something else is screwy.
Check on for troubleshooting methodology.

Peter Berrevoets
pjberr at
1990 200TQ
1989 200TQ - Donor
1991 200T - Parts
Toronto, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at]On
Behalf Of Blake Gibb
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 10:04 PM
To: quattro at
Subject: BAR Boost reading?

Hi everyone, I now have driven my month old 1990 2CTQ a dozen times.
I have fixed a few vacuam leaks, given it a tune up(badly needed) and
thats all I have had time for. My question is about the boost readout
on the dash. Under hard acceleration, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear the most
it reads is 1.1 BAR, is this normal or should I have more? The car
does not seem as peppy as the 1990 200 turbo I owned about 5 years
ago. Thanks for any input.
Blake Gibb
1990 2CTQ 188K