'87 5ktq ISV saga

Chris Dyer chrisdyer at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:50:09 EDT 2002

Car is a '87 5kcstq.

Ok, current ISV is a bosch unit, has a small plug.

TPC and SJM's site all say I need the VDO-brand, which has a larger plug.
Therefore, after purchasing said VDO ISV, I now need a new plug.  It's
dealer only.

Dealer says, nope, you got wrong one, you need the bosch, cuz this little
plug is the only one specified yadda yadda yadda...WTF!?!?!?

1. Other '86-88 5kt owners, what y'all have for ISV?
2. Does anyone have a plug for sale that will fit the slightly larger VDO
unit? I'll take used if in good shape.

[image: daffy duck bouncing around in craziness--that's me right now]

from chrisdyer at hotmail.com