calling all US east coast vintage/rare audi owners

Brett Dikeman brett at
Sat Aug 3 16:26:19 EDT 2002

At 2:04 PM -0400 8/3/02, TM wrote:
>How rare? :-)
>These are rare:
>Sport Quattro
>'85 UrQ
>'91 V8 5-speed
>'97 S6
>'95.5 S6 Avant

I'd consider all of the above rare(in addition to any RS4s, RS2s,
eS2/S2s, etc), and such owners are encouraged to drop me a
are owners of mint/concours condition cars of any model(I'd like to
see a perfect 200q20v or two, for example.)  I would be particularly
interested in seeing -really- old cars, ie the true antiques and
vintage cars.

Thinking aloud here- basically, the NEQ is looking to get involved
with an upcoming vintage festival, so we're looking to bring to the
table at least a few interesting cars already signed on.  Everything
is -very- preliminary, but I might try to do a semi-informal, simple
Audi-only concours event during the same weekend(perhaps at a local
inn or park- you get the idea) to give us a little bit of an idea of
what is involved in running such a beast.  Such event would be open
to all Audi owners, with some minimal standards regarding the
condition of the car...