Trans X w/Pentosin?

Ti Kan ti at
Mon Aug 5 16:36:10 EDT 2002

Mark Woodland writes:
> My studies have revealed very few datapoints, but they have been positive
> ones.
> Would anyone care to weigh-in with long term experience using Trans X
> Transmission/hydraulic leak sealer with Pentosin systems?
> (Compatible with ALL automatic tranmission and hydraulic oils.. so it says
> in the fine print.)
> Sounds good to me, but I'd like a little more re-inforcement,
> before I potentially pollute the whole hydraulic system on
> my '87 5KTQ.

I don't recommend it.  Fix a problem the right way.  Any sort of
"leak sealer" is bound to be a stop gap measure that at minimum
does nothing, and more likely it's going to wreak havoc with the
system making much more costly damages than the original leak.

2003 A4 1.8T multitronic (soon)
2001 S4 2.7T
1984 5000S turbo
1980 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti at