[s-cars] RE: air/oil separator group purchase

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Tue Aug 6 13:21:55 EDT 2002

At 12:16 PM -0400 8/6/02, Kneale Brownson wrote:

>How does this placement (or any other, for that matter) help with a
>car that would sit out overnight in sub-zero temps (F)?

I think what he's saying is that the unit should be located where it
will get sufficiently hot enough that moisture either won't
accumulate or will be boiled off as a course of normal running.  I
don't think it will be a problem for most of us, since both crankcase
gasses and most of the engine compartment get pretty toasty.