more boost - EGT

JShadzi at JShadzi at
Fri Aug 9 15:16:22 EDT 2002

Nope, water cooled fact, the manufacturers will tell you that turbos are either air cooled or water cooled, the oil is for lubrication.  Granted, it does pick up a great deal of heat, and thus the need for an oil cooler - but the oil itself does less to cool the turbo than say a water jacket, which is picking up a lot of heat.