HELP! type 44 5k/100/200 wierdness

cobram at cobram at
Tue Aug 13 13:36:59 EDT 2002

A check of, or replacement of (real easy to change) the "field" wire
which goes from the alternator to the back of the instrument cluster.
Change the voltage regulator too,  couldn't hurt and they're cheap
enough.   The field wire goes intermittent and battery doesn't charge,
run a higher gauge wire than the (blue?) one Audi used and you shouldn't
have problems again.