HID lights

t44tq at mindspring.com t44tq at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 15 11:22:01 EDT 2002

I've seen two conversions on UrS cars- Bruce's system that is a H1 retrofit on
euro lamps from HIDs4less or someone like that, and Igor's system that is an
A6 HID projector lamp fitted into the euro lamp w/ OEM bulbs, ballasts,
connectors, etc. In both cases there is a noticeable improvement in light
output, there is no comparision to regular filament-based setups.

Igor had flame-thrower lamps in there previously and the A6 HID is even
brighter than that, it seems, or equivalent with far less power consumption
and heat output.

I would talk to Igor or Bob Pastore about the A6 conversion.

Even in a more apples-to-apples comparison (Audi A4 projector setup w/ and w/o
HID), there is a noticeable difference. The HID lamps are brighter and have
more even light distribution. There is no substitute, my next car is getting