Stupid Newbie Coupe Question

Nate Beck Nate.Beck at
Thu Aug 15 09:04:38 EDT 2002

When you open the drivers door, look at the rear of the door frame.  You
will see a little lever slide it toward the outside? Of the car.  It will
unlatch the trunk lid.

-----Original Message-----
From: mailmikey at [mailto:mailmikey at]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 7:46 AM
To: quattro at
Subject: Stupid Newbie Coupe Question

I've long been an Audi fan and have owned several over the years.  I
just recently picked up an 86 Coupe GT Commerative Edition.  I can't
figure out how to get the hatch/trunk open on this thing!  Any help
would be greatly appreciated, I must be missing something!  I can't find
anything to open it with anywhere.  Please help, as I need to get my
bike in the back of the thing for a race, tomorrow!  Thanks alot!

Michael Elliott
90 200TQ
88 90
87 4000S