Fwd: Acceleration problem? (For Damien Gaboury or anyone who knew that)

Audi Fans oooo_90q at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 14:15:38 EDT 2002

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Audi Fans <oooo_90q at yahoo.com>
Subject: Acceleration problem?
To: damien_gaboury at 40uqac.uquebec.ca
Cc: oooo_90q at yahoo.com

Hi Damien,

I read the your email listed below from audifan.com.
Since I have a similar acceleration problem as you
described, would you tell what is the temperature
sensor that you mentioned? What's its location? Is it
related to O2 sensor?

Best Regards,
'93 90CSQ / 120K miles

Hi V6-12v owners

I hope that this time it is true.
I solved my one year problem of engine acceleration
while running at =
normal temperature. The problem (see my numerous posts
since one year) =
was hesitation during acceleration at full or part
throttle but only =
when the temperature of the engine was above 90 C
(100C  normal engine =
temperature). So during the winter there is no

That is the mystery of 150 ohms. I have changed my
temperature sensor. =
In fact, the problem was that resistance specification
was out at high =
temperature. As measured, old one was at 350 ohms at
100 C (measured as =
heated in boiling water) while the new one is at < 200
ohms. =
Specification from the Bentley is 330 ohm at 80 C. So,
you can imagine =
that the ECM had to deal with false measurements from
the temperature =
sensor. Since that device is the most important for
controlling air-fuel =
mixture and ignition timing, the engine ran rich at
the normal =
temperature. I interpret that the hesitation was
related to the action =
of the Ox sensors trying to change the rich-mixture
during acceleration. =
So it cost 46 $ Can to solve that problem.

For those interested to test their sensor, you need a
long 19 mm socket =
to remove it. It is quite easy. Waite for engine
cooling before removing =
it and expect some fluid escape from the hole (not too
much). You can =
test it by measuring in-situ resistance. Start the
engine, disconnects =
the wire (check engine light will be on), and measure
the resistance at =
normal engine temperature. Resistance should be close
to 200 ohms.

 A happy Audi driver

Damien Gaboury, PhD
Scientifique de recherche
Consortium de Recherche en Exploration Min=E9rale
Universit=E9 du Qu=E9bec =E0 Chicoutimi

Do You Yahoo!?