Weird MC engine problem

Phil Payne quattro at
Wed Aug 21 16:31:58 EDT 2002

Just a quick update, because access to the car is limited.  I'm going to see it again

The garage investigating the problem now suspects a temperature-related issue with the crank
sensor.  They say a scope trace shows that signal dying just before the engine does and not
returning until everything cools a little.  They also say they've found classic tie-wrap
damage to the screened cable.

My scepticism is because of the lack of ECU codes and the wierd way the ECU holds the lamp
driver high.  Maybe there's a bug in the MAC14 code we haven't found yet.

Anyway - playing again tomorrow.  Will post final results.

  Phil Payne
  +44 7785 302 803