High mileage record?

Ti Kan ti at amb.org
Wed Aug 21 12:53:02 EDT 2002

Dave Aukerman writes:
> And in such incredible condition!  The secret -must- be the three different
> style hubcaps.  Perhaps they ward off the gremlins.

I think there is probably a typo in the mileage.  An extra zero?
In order to reach that kind of mileage for a 1989 car, it
would have to go an average of 117K miles per year, or
320 miles every day including weekends.  While not impossible,
it's doubtful.

2003 A4 1.8T multitronic (soon)
2001 S4 2.7T
1984 5000S turbo
1980 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    ti at amb.org
 //////  http://www.amb.org/ti/