Clunk on acceleration

Brian O' briano_72 at
Fri Aug 30 21:21:32 EDT 2002

sounds like loose subframe bolts to me !! btdt !!
                                             brian o'
93 90cs ( busted up )
93 100csq
91 80
88 944 turbo s ( for sale )

 paanta at wrote:I purchased my '88 5ktq a couple months ago, only to find out that the
subframe was bent and the car wouldn't align. I finally got around to
having it replaced with a used one earlier this week by a local body

Now, under any acceleration, there is a weird repetative (but non-
regular) clunking noise that I can feel through the floor of the car. It's
especially bad when I go over bumps. Does this sound like bad
transmission mounts? It looks to me like they reused the ones that
were on the subframe from force5, and they look a little suspiciously

The mounts have a big bolt that goes through a thick washer up on top,
through the rubber mount, and then through a metal cap and into a nut.
Should the metal cap be concave (ie, the nut in a dip) or convex (the nut
on top of a little hill)?

Do You Yahoo!?