cracked wheel Planter or Spare ?

Suffolk GameServer LAN at
Mon Dec 2 13:10:32 EST 2002

Lee:  I collected, after a long time, off of CT on the Merrit Parkway for a
huge pot hole in the lane of travel.
Take pictures.  Ask for the Town's insurance agent or company or the
contractors doing the work.  Persistance wins.

Could you use the wheel as a (temporary) spare with fix a flat or similar in
-SCott in BOSTON

My wheel shop would not repair this wheel, indicating that if they did it
would be likely to crack in the same place again.

So I've got this lovely forged wheel with a crack in it rolling around in my
garage. I can't bear to pitch it, but it's useless as a wheel. Maybe a

'95.5 S6 avant
'96 A6 quattro avant