idles fine, full acceleration seems great, but in between lots of ignition cutting out - '88 90 4 cyl

Duncan Thomson duncan at
Tue Dec 3 12:01:30 EST 2002

No real knowledge here, but thought I'd try to fill in until someone
knowledgeable comes back online...!
Maybe related to the O2 sensor...?
The ISV will keep it smooth at idle, and I believe the system ignores
the 02 sensor (goes open loop) at full throttle, so maybe this would
result in the symptoms you mention...?

Just a thought, and if nothing else it might bring some attention back
to your post...!