Ceramic Coatings

Jim Green jeg1976 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 07:01:21 EST 2002

--- R Mangas <porter_dog at hotmail.com> wrote:
>   That seems really expensive for that coating,
> which can be bought and used
> OTC here:
> http://techlinecoatings.com/Exhaust.htm
>    I used this on the manifold and downpipe of my
> turbo Miata; didn't do it
> right (put on too thin, maybe?) so it flaked off;
> the second try (heavier
> coat) on the lower half of the dp is holding up
> better.  There is probably a
> benefit to getting professional application, but the
> major preparatory step
> I'd expect from the pro would be dunking my part in
> thier ex$pensive
> vibratory polisher.  How much more is it going to
> cost to polish the inside
> of your header as well as the outside? :) (Hint:
> zero in my mind...)
>   To be fair, I could be wrong about the pro coating
> vs the OTC stuff, but
> if you check out the site you'll see the only
> obvious difference is the
> carrier fluid.

Well, It's actually cheep compared to the quote I just
got from Jet-hot.  I would try it myself if I had a
sandblaster and an old oven that wasn't in the house.
I'm sure  it doesn't smell wonderful when it cures.
BTW they recommend not caoting the inside of turbo headers...

Jim Green
'89 90tq 034EFI, Haltech IG5

Do you Yahoo!?