Tires, ice and quattro (long)

R Mangas porter_dog at
Tue Dec 3 14:42:21 EST 2002

  I happen to be lucky enough to own 2 4kq's, an 86, which is my winter
beater and is shod with good blizzaks, and an '87, which is an ebay special
and runs all-season Sumitomos.  I live in detroit, so we got the same snow
yesterday.  It really was a riot driving the cars back to back- the
blizzak'd one was just unstoppable, and I won 10 out of 10 stoplight drags.
Airlockers rule!  The '87 was certainly still good, but the difference
between them was amazing.  Another vote for dedicated snows.