GL4, how about GL2 through GL5?

james accordino ssgacc at
Tue Dec 10 15:03:51 EST 2002

There is one chemical in the mix of GL5 that is
corrosive to the bronze syncros.  I forget what it is.
 I GUESS it's possible that they found a compound
without this chemical that can still meet GL5 specs.
Also try the website for Redline, they should be able
to hook you up with a dealer.  That's how I found

Jim Accordino

--- "Livolsi, Stephane"
<Stephane.Livolsi at> wrote:
> Is anyone using Amsoil synthetic 80W90 GL2 through
> GL5 in their tranny?  If
> so, how long have you had it in and any comments on
> shifting smoothness,
> etc?
> If GL5 can't be used, I don't see how this can meet
> GL4 and still be GL5
> spec.
> Local Amsoil rep sounds very knowledgeable and
> almost has me convinced to
> use it, but I wouldn't mind some BTDT
> For the record, no one around here carries Redline.
> Thanks
> Stephane

Do you Yahoo!?