Tigran Varosyan tigran at
Fri Dec 13 10:03:18 EST 2002

Look cool, but I bet it is heavy as sin...

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at]On
Behalf Of auditodd at
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 6:22 AM
To: quattro at
Subject: man-u-matic

Has anyone else seen the article on VWVortex about the new VAG
controlled manual tranmission? No manually operated clutch, but two (!)
electronically operated clutches, basically it's two gear boxes combined to
a six speed.

Read the article here:

Granted, you are not rowing the gears yourself, but in my opinion, this is a
great transmission. All the strength and better fuel mileage than a manual
trans, and yet the conveinence of an automatic on those days you are stuck
wall-to-wall traffic.