NAC - AVG Anti-Virus

Brett Dikeman brett at
Mon Dec 16 21:12:06 EST 2002

At 7:11 PM -0800 12/16/02, Jeff wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience with AVG in a corporate environment ?

No; in fact, q-list people are the only folks I've ever heard talk
about it. Frankly, I wouldn't trust it further than I could throw it.
Free stuff is free for a reason.

...are all quite popular in the enterprise environment.  I've used
Norton and Trend.  Trend in particular has some sweet management
tools and a web-rollout feature that rocks.  Dan and I used it at
iClick and we loved it.  Norton charges extra for enterprise
management widgets(Trend doesn't, I don't think) and I wasn't
terribly impressed with the Norton tools.  Your mileage may vary- in
both situations, there were 50+ systems.  Norton is the most popular
by far on the Macintosh with McAfee hot on its tails.