90 A/C head unit quits then interior illumination

Dave Hord spokes at the-wire.com
Tue Dec 17 12:39:04 EST 2002

I think it may have to do with the 'common ground' that Audi likes to use.  As
stated in the previous thread by another lister, Audi likes to daisy-chain
grounds together...it's kinda like christmas lights.  When one item is
disconnected, they all don't work.

I know that in my Audi 90 quattro, if I don't have the three auxillary gauges
plugged in (the actual gauge, ignoring the lamps) the instrument cluster lights
don't work.

You could also have a short, due to your climate control being disconnected,
therefore blowing the fuse.

-Dave "ever thankful I have manual  climate-control" Hord
89 90q  300km+ Rally Conversion...
Roll cage shots available at: