LAC Pollution Musings...

james accordino ssgacc at
Tue Dec 17 19:08:35 EST 2002

That's definitely posible.  Mileage, wear, state of
tune all play a part.  Just because it's newer,
doesn't mean it's better or cleaner.  As a general
rule this is true.  BUT, a well tuned older car with
an efficient engine design can beat the crap out of a
"new" (1 or 2 yr. old) car that hasn't been maintained
in emmisions testing.  I've personnally seen 1-2 yr.
old cars whose emmisions were WAY out of whack.  One
hadn't had the original oil changed at 65k miles.
Just drive em into the dirt.  This POS smoked more
than some 1940's vehicles.  It was a Nissan Altima
2.5L 4 banger.  The owner did NOTHING in 65k miles.
NO oil change, nothing.  The tailpipe emmisions made a
diesel bus look clean.

You can't mandate morality
Jim Accordino