'86 4kq back to no start, CIS help please.

John Booth jrbooth3 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 10:49:46 EST 2002

When I was fixing my car I had read that the DPR
needed to be blead after a change to get it working. I
bought a bosch freshly rebuilt fuel controller with a
new DPR on ebay for $100 and that cured my starting
problems. In fact I have been lucky enough to find
every part I needed on ebay and have them work.

--- R Mangas <porter_dog at hotmail.com> wrote:
>   Thanks for the reply- plugs look good and so does
> spark.  I'll check the
> fuse, but the car was running when I parked it in
> the morning and the pump
> primes at key one, so I'm sort of doubtful it's
> that.  The problem is that
> the differential pressure is too high, leading to a
> very lean condition, so
> I'm thinking DPR but it could be the fuel
> distributor as well. Hope not,
> that one's spendy!
> Robert

Do you Yahoo!?