do I need the washers on my exhaust studs?

JShadzi at JShadzi at
Wed Dec 18 16:46:27 EST 2002

You don't have to have them, their real purpose is to make up for the relatively rough, unmachined surface of the stock exh. manifold, you can use a thinner washer if you want, I like using the stock thick washers, but its not absolutely critical, just ensure you use _something_ underneath the nut or you'll fine they come loose really quick.