do I need the washers on my exhaust studs?

JShadzi at JShadzi at
Wed Dec 18 17:46:12 EST 2002

As I mentined earlier, its important to have _some_ kind of washer underneath the nut to keep the large expansions from loosening the nut, the manifold should expand underneath the washer, not the nut.  If you like to have your exh. manifold nuts constantly loosening, then leave the washers off, if not, then use the washer accordingly.