Strut stop bushings for A6 Bilstein shocks

George Kotjarapgolus gkot at
Sat Dec 21 10:30:24 EST 2002

My mechanic was installing the new Bilstein strut inserts and just called me
to say the shaft on the new Bilsteins is larger than the hole on the old
rubber strut stop.  I tried calling APS but they are closed.  One would not
think we are to discard them, but APS never said anything about needing
special stops.  In fact, I had bought 2 new ones only to find out they will
not work with the Bilstein.  Does anyone have any wisdom here.  I recall
some earlier saying they had a problem installing the Bilstein but do not
recall their resolution.

Do anyone have any thoughts her.  Bilstein tech department does not open
until Monday

George Kotjarapoglus  gkot at