Gas line leaking on '93 100 csq

Alan Kramer ackramer at
Mon Dec 23 10:05:34 EST 2002


If you leak is a pinpoint, cut about 1/4" on each side of it and connect it
with a single swagelok metric tube fitting.   If it's larger, you'll need to
get a short piece of steel tubing to add in there and use 2 fittings.

You don't need any special tools for the swagelok, they're self flaring and
good to pressures way beyond what your car can put out.  Any local
industrial plumbing supply store should be able to get them for you.

If you're connecting metric tubing to metric tubing, the part number you
will need is:


If the tubing diameter isn't 8mm, then replace the 8 with the proper
diameter (in mm).

Their website is:   but you can't order directly from it.
You wanna go to the fittings - fitting-tube section and scroll down to the
"fittings - tube - bored through" section.

Good luck, their stuff has worked well for me.  Much safer IMO than using a
rubber line.

Alan Kramer

'83 CGT 20vt
'86 4kcsq
'90 v8q

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

More information about the quattro mailing list