Tires for icy conditions - NAC

Chander Balakrishnan balakrishnan3 at
Sun Dec 29 11:20:12 EST 2002

Thanks to all for the wealth of information.  My sister will benefit
greatly.  This Q-list is something... I do appreciate all the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at]On
Behalf Of Dave K.
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 11:03 AM
To: Brett Dikeman; Chander Balakrishnan; Quattro List
Cc: Uma Balakrishnan
Subject: Re: Tires for icy conditions - NAC

I am running Hakka 1s with studs and they are surprisingly not that loud.
The eco-stud is actually designed to run quietly.

I have Nokian NRTs (truck version of NRWs) on my wife's ML430  and they are
great on snow and ice.  They are the ONLY all season tire made with the
mountain/snowflake designation.  These all-season tires are not a joke.

As mentioned, go to and read a wealth of info on snow

Dave K.
'90 CQ