90 Quattro flywheel with a CGT clutch???

Mihnea Cotet mik at info.fundp.ac.be
Tue Dec 31 15:58:08 EST 2002

Hi Carlos!

My question is: why would you bother with a 90q flywheel? Is this the
lighter, flat flywheel? I guess it must work on the KX engine but the point
is that if it's a flat flywheel, it will need another pressure plate (from
a 90q), because PPs are different if flywheels are recessed vs. flat....
anyway, if you do this and keep your stock tranny, you will need to keep
the clutch disc from the CGT because the splines are different between type
89 and type 85 cars...

Best wishes for the new year!