Key Won't Work

Michael L. Riebs michael at
Sat Feb 2 14:55:50 EST 2002

> Also, try turning the steering wheel side to side while you try to turn
> key. The steering wheel lock can keep the ignition key from turning if
> is a load on the steering lock mechanism.

> > I can't turn the key in the ignition; it works fine locking the doors.

Yes, this has happened to me on several occasions - first time was one of
those "Oh, S#!t experiences, but every time it has happened, it was simply a
matter of turning the wheel - sometimes with allot of force - to get the
pressure off the steering wheel latch mechanism portion of the ignition

Michael Riebs
Grand Rapids, MI
'90 V8Q
'98 A6QA