High Pressure Hose

Marc Swanson marcswanson at mediaone.net
Wed Feb 6 21:23:47 EST 2002

> I just saw an episode of Hot Rod TV in which they mention a
> company, Russell Automotive, that apparently makes some SS braided
> hose that can withstand 2500 psi.
> http://www.russellperformance.com/automotive/index.html
> The Powerflex line- made for power steering hoses.
> This looks like just the ticket to replace the rack hoses, depending
> on how much it costs. Assembles just like Aeroquip hoses, same type
> of fittings as well.

I have some of that stuff on my 4ktq.  I'm using it for my oil cooler.
Basically it is standard SS braided hose with a rubber coating.  I like it
because it won't knick the paint or anything it might brush up against.

my favorite online hose vendor, American Streetrod, carries this stuff:

handles up to 2250 psi (not sure how much pressure the type 44 system needs
to handle.  2250 sounds like a lot though!).

87 4ktq
88 90q