Is anyone on this list an engineer for Bosch/automotive brake systems...

TM t44tq at
Fri Feb 8 11:12:48 EST 2002

Although this is good stuff, I think it is questionable, considering
Stoptech offers so many applications. Are they using a different caliper
for every kit? I don't think so. I don't believe that anyone makes
vehicle-specific brake systems (maybe McLaren?), simply because of the
extreme cost in doing so- isn't this done more with brake proportioning
master cylinder selection and ABS computer programming?

Then again, I could be totally wrong- maybe Stoptech's calipers are the
size for the majority of the Audis, BMWs and Porsches that we tend to be
interested in.