re. Help! Need more power, looking for BTDT on any "bolt on" power 2.3sohc

Brett Dikeman brett at
Wed Jan 23 21:12:15 EST 2002

At 2:07 PM -0500 1/23/02, ScottyCBoy at wrote:
>Is the 100 an auto? I have a 5000 that was auto then put a 5spd in
>it and it felt like an extra 20 horsepower. The auto transmission
>put in the 5000's and 100's soak up alot of horsepower when compared
>with the 5spd.

Yes and no.  The 5000 automatic was faster in the 0-60's than the 5
speed, ever so slightly.  Pretty simple reasons why...a)faster and
fewer shifts, and b)throttle never needs to close, so the turbo stays
spooled up.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin	(PGP Public Key)