Saab APC fitted to Audi?

Jim Green jeg1976 at
Thu Jun 13 23:07:08 EDT 2002

--- urq <urq at> wrote:
> AFAIK the MAC-11 lights the check engine light when
> knock is detected ...
> while I've contemplated the APC solution on my
> KS-deficient WX I've gotta
> wonder why anyone woiuld even go to the trouble of
> fitting one to an MC ...
> Steve Buchholz
> San Jose, CA (USA)

Yea, the CIS-III is supposed to do that, but it only
shows when full retard has been reached.  Has anyone
actually done this with success on a MAC-11?  BTW, in
case anyone cares, I just hooked a CIS-III knock
sensor up to the APC system, and it seems to work.  At
least it responds to the same amount of hammer wacking
as the Saab one did.  I haven't gone for a drive yet.

Jim Green
'89 90tq EFI

Do You Yahoo!?