How do I know if I have r134a?

scott thomas scott at
Fri Jun 21 17:06:57 EDT 2002

My 200q's a/c does work, but I wanted to know
what the tell tale signs of the r134a
conversion? Are valves different sizes?

Today's a hot day here, but when I first started
using the a/c, it was hotter. Today, my a/c
isn't working as well. It's blowing out cool
air, but the car is still hot inside. I'm gonna
measure the outlet temps, but I was getting ~40
degree temps a few weeks ago in humid and hot

ANyway, I'm looking into the possibility of a
recharge (slight). It does take some time to get
cool air, too.

Anyone has a site for this? Dream Theater Spotlight @ CDNOW
Get your own FREE Web and POP E-mail Service in 14 languages at