Stebro response

Robert Deis rdeis at
Wed Mar 27 14:37:30 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Marc Swanson wrote:

> maybe they didn't need to dyno it (although that would be the right way to
> proove a point!).  The physics behind the system seem to show that 2.5" is
> just right for even wild horsepower output on our "little" 5 cylinder engines
> according to Bell's graphs.

Maybe, but it doesn't seem to jive with other "little" motors.  The 2.0 4
cylinder Mitsus are nearly all running 3" exhaust for wild horsepower
output (and it's not becasue they're all idiots, either- some of them
are, but not all of them..), so you'd think that we'd be happier with the
bigger pipes as well.

However, those guys are also running 20-28psi gauge of boost, (*well* over
2 bar) which may be raising their demand for exhaust volume considerably
higher than ours.

  Rob Deis                  "Let the people know beforehand what the law
  MiB3347                      is and what they are to expect."
  rdeis at                              -- 18th Congress, Rec. 75