Bilstein HD's in a CGT. Bump Stops don't fit

passat TS passat_ts at
Wed May 8 16:20:37 EDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Thanks Ken

I just got of the phone with Bilstein, and you're right.

Thanks again,

>From: Ken
>To: passat_ts at, quattro at
>Subject: re: Bilstein HD's in a CGT. Bump Stops don't fit
>Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 08:15:01 -0700
>Hi Carlos,
>I believe you are not supposed to use the OE bump stops with the Bilsteins
(HD or Sport). I think they have internal bump stops which replaces the
>Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :-)
>passat TS passat_ts at wrote:
> > I got a set of HD's for my CGT, and when I was assembling the front ones
> > yesterday, I found out that the OE bump stops don't fit. The diameter of
> > strut shaft is way bigger than the hole on the bump stop.
> >
> > Are the front bump stops eliminated when using HD's?
> >
> > Also at the rear have a similar problem, the difference is that the bump
> > will fit the shaft up to a ring, that is very close to the top, so eith=
> > have to eliminate the bump stop or remove the ring, pass the bump stop =
> > re-fit the ring.

Join the world=92s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here[1]