many thanks and a few questions (Radiator Fan Again)

David.Ullrich at David.Ullrich at
Fri May 10 09:26:46 EDT 2002

Well, many thanks are due to all on the list! I can confirm that the radiator fan on 1987 CGTs is SUPPOSED to be a 2 speed. The terminal closest to the fender is - the middle one is + high and after-run, and the one closest to the engine is + low speed.  But in my case the high/after-run isn't working (came on HIGH if power was applied directly to the terminal). Any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting this? I have a Haynes manual, but it's not much help. I know I need a Bentley, but for now I'll have to make do. Anyway, I don't have a relay/wiring diagram for the radiator fan, anybody got one? Any thoughts on why it might not be working?

Also, many thanks to fellow lister Greg for hooking me up with one of my missing cardboard air ducts. Anybody got a bottom one for sale?

1987.5 Audi Coupe GT "Special Build" 2.3 - Anthracite Black
1998 VW Passat GLS 1.8T - For Sale CHEAP