Dad wants a V8 quattro , what to look for?

Jon Boyer jonboyer at
Fri May 24 10:47:24 EDT 2002

My father has one and he loves it.  Kind of a funny story - He had the car
painted, and the shop left the keys in it one night.  A couple of kids took
it out and smoked the transmission.  The police found the car in the woods
near Albany, NY.  The insurance estimate to replace the transmission was
around $8k, which would have totaled the car.  The Audi dealer ended up
rebuilding it.  He kept the car and has had no other problems with it.

The only thing that I have noticed is that parts for it are not always
available.  Not that it has needed much, but when you go looking for V8
parts, there does not seem to be much out there.  I don't think there is a
Bentley manual for it either.

Good Luck!