really scary engineering,

Rave Racer raveracer77 at
Sat Nov 2 02:56:39 EST 2002

    Well, I'll start with the Pikes Peak car that I know of.  The Suzuki
Escudo was a twin motored turbo V6.  That would be the red car in
Playstations Gran Turismo 2.  There is also a smaller cousin that I can't
remember the name of.  It was the purple one in Gran Turismo 2, but it had
less power.
    I thought there was an article on a twin motor Rabbit / Golf MK1 in
Performance VW.  I must be missing that issue.
    As for other suggestions for a mid engine AWD setup, the closest most
common thing I can think of is a Porsche but it's rear engine.  There is
always the original Lancia Delta.  The rally version was a mid or rear
engine also with AWD.
    I'd also research the Baja Bug.  I don't believe any were AWD, but it
owned desert racing for many years.  If there is anything that can be
converted, I'd start with that.

       Rave Racer
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
'72 Triumph GT6
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)     ... is no more