Torsen question

Zsolt zsolt1 at
Wed Nov 6 22:48:53 EST 2002

Looks like my torsen is locking up on my 90 V8.

The car is rubbing the tires on tight turns, and even at higher speeds
it feels like it doesn't want to turn. It makes a humming sound as well.
Also, there is a major clunk when I turn the wheel and back, which does
not seem to be front end related.

Two different places where we were trying to find the source were
wondering if it was the tranny mount that is moving due to the locked

Any ideas? Can the torsen be repaired if it is the culprit? Is it
expensive? (I think this was a rhetorical question)

Thanks in advance,